Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Jammin' on The Great Stuff

I just love the library. I checked out a series of lectures on Existentialism, by a professor named Robert Solomon, how's that for irony, and some lectures on Poetry by the venerable Michale D. C. Drout, (I wonder what "DC" stands for.) though I have no intention of taking any poetry course at PCC. So many of the professors I have encountered have a penchant for assigning navel gazer papers, and I can only imagine the kind of emo-lint the good professor would expect me to weave into my poems. (I fall upon thy thorny syllabus. I bleed!)

When one is observed listening to their I-Pod, it is assumed they are listnenting to music, and someone would question, what type of music are they listening to? What are they jamming to? I don't fit within the norm, but, none the less, I'm jammin'. Jammin' to Beowulf. Jammin' to Plato. Jammin' to Kierkegaard.

No comments: