Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Testing the Axiom

My efforts today were well intended. While work is a total waste of my time, it's something that must be done and I do my best.

I got my usual coffee this morning, then ran into a co-worker who needed a four shot brevie (spelling?). He was buying one for another co-worker, also in need of a java boost. He gives me the money and I go back across the street, but don't bring my wallet with my freebie card. The coffee shop, which usually has cards, had none. On back order. That's two holes I won't get in my freebie card. Oh well, my buddies got a boost, and that's good.

Part of the machine I work on needed some cleaning. I wanted to give it that extra touch, but parts removed became parts broken. I got it back together and there is little to show for the effort.

I thought I would bring up my paperwork early. The bosses were in a meeting with their boss. I wait around. Waited too long and now it's time to clock out. I go a bit over. They call that 'creeping overtime,' a no-no.

Another co-worker gave me a little sheet containing a quiz on knowledge of trivia. I put it away and focus on work, intending to take the quiz at the end of the day, and accidentally turn it in with my late paperwork.

So today my repeated efforts were met with repeated injury, and the old Axiom, well tested, remains standing: no good deed goes unpunished.

No comments: